You did not read carefully.
That's exactly what I said, to wit, that the nature of mass is an
abstract, mathematical coefficient void of any physical meaning
(reserved for observables).

Jr writes> Hello Georges. Good to have you back. However, I recall
seeing this near exact response one, two maybe even three years ago.
What you say reduces to the fact that the words we use to define the
physicalness of the universe around us are dependent on our senses.
When we find a word that represents meaning to us that is also
“mathematically” conserved, we think we are on to something, and as we
develop the math we can predict more somethings, and more possible
somethings, but in the end we have no greater comprehension than our
understanding of our first conserved term, be it mass or be it energy,
or be it momentum.

What makes no sense is searching in it other mysterious natures,

Jr writes> If you will take the time to strictly analyze my writing I
seek only to make your convenient mathematical use of conserved
quantities, explicit. To say that the resistance we work against
always equals the force we apply, says nothing at all about the cause
of the resistance we work against.
Then assigning a name to that conserved resistance and blindly
believing it is  exalted because it is consistent with the least
action consistent mathematics, when it is nothing more than resistance
to our applied effort, is a bit subjective and centrist.
.
physical, metaphysical, pataphysical or what not.
For instance, if you asked me, what is the nature of the
"axial vector of magnetic field", I'd answer:
Its physical nature is that of an observable, describing
counter-clockwise rotation of magnetic angular momentum.

Jr writes> What is this gobbledogook Georges. Do you really expect a
physicist or mathematician that might answer this, to be on this
group. And if she was do you think that this is a location she would
choose to write such drivel.

Its mathematical nature is that of an anti-symmetric tensor of rank
2.
It happens to have in 3D SPACE 3 independent components, which makes
it similar to a vector and allows to describe it in elementary
handbooks as "axial vector", or "pseudo-vector", which, strictly
speaking are misnomers.

Jr writes> Good grief. I have to respond just to prevent you from
leading the gullible and impressionable astray. I have yet to see you
on any physics forum or group, much less any mathematical ones. You
would be laughed out of the topics.

What makes no sens is speculation about the pataphysical nature
and reasons of the counter-clockwise structure of our "world"
and about its clockwise structured shadow counter-world.

Jr writes> Pure drivel.

And that's mutatis mutandis what John seems to do, looking for
pataphysical nature of mass.

Jr writes> Mass = A measure of the cumulative resistance of atoms.
Originally from the balance scale as a scalar component of force. This
resistance is conserved and shows that the planet attractor acts
uniformly on atoms. Its conserved nature (consistency in numerical
results) was taken beyond the balance scale and generalized to matter
throughout the least action consistent universe.
Which definition opens us up to the electromagnetic nature of the
universe, esp wrt gravity.