Visible light does not exist. Visible objects exist. Illuminated and
illuminating objects emit electromagnetic radiation at a frequency
detectable by the human eye. We cannot see EMR as it propagates
through space. Only as it illuminates and/or  radiates from an object.

Which means that we see objects as they are, in real time. The stars
in the sky also exist today, as we see them. We see illuminated
objects. It may be that a star say, a light year away that comes into
existence may not be visible to us until its EMR reaches us. But once
it reaches us, we detect its frequency (we see the star) in real time.

This of course flies in the face of the accepted paradigm so don't use
any thing I write as an answer to a question on an exam. Go for the BS
until you graduate and even then take care with what you put forward.
Science is steeped in ignorance and can only respond to new ideas with
sluggish caution.

I am saying that our eyes detect frequency of emission. There is no
such thing as little balls of visible light, so called photons, flying
around carrying old images, just so our eyes can detect (be fooled by)
them. It’s true that the EMR that arrives was emitted say light years
ago, the  thing is we do not see the EMR picked up by mechanical
detectors. We see through space. We see the distant light source.

Sound requires a medium to propagate through to reach our ears.
Illuminated objects are best seen through a vacuum. We see "over
there". EMR propagation is an efficient dispersion of energy and is
probably pushed (displaced) rather than in abeyance of Newton's first
law as re momentum. And again, if it is pushed, we see the pusher in
real time.

Roemer can be accounted for with this view.
johnreed