I dont know

What I could see in several of all those horrifying videos, and not
only from Japan, but also from the horrible tsumani years ago in
Indonesia/etc, is that somehow people do not panic. They stay there
looking at that coming close and so they act as if they could deal
with that simply walking away, no rush. That shocked me the most. May
be reality is less threatening than the screen?