Good to hear from you too, Carlos, an excellent post!

I always like to explore similarities and differences between maths
and language. I love your idea of form (geometry) as a more likely
basis of maths than arithmetic.

However, let's be careful not to fall into Socrates/Plato type of
assumptions of native knowledge. The square of the hypotenuse might
equal the sum of the squares of the other two sides of a right-angled
triangle, but that only works within a context that is artificial in
the first place. After all, in nature something may have a certain
length at a given moment, but the next moment the temperature will be
different, resulting in expansion or contraction of the material on
which the triangle was drawn, etc. Yes, such expansion may take place
over the entire triangle, but not exactly the same in each part.

Anyway, my point is that scientific analysis may, by taking something
in isolation, take things out of context.

Let me get back to language, to show what I mean. I sometimes think
that the meaning words is formed more through relations in the brain,
rather than that meaning existed inherent in the word. Observations
are stored in our brain and the links between observations, as stored
in our mind, determine their meaning, rather than that meaning was
inherent in words.

Applying that idea to maths, the value of a number would be determined
by its place within a sequence of numbers, i.e. its value being
relative to the other numbers, allowing one to zoom in and out,
magnifying the sequence, while remaining the relationship between
numbers.

Again, let me go back to language, to show what I mean. Language is
often seen as based in words that are part of verbal language (audio).
However, as you say, it makes sense to use form (video) as the basis
of meaning. Form is part of our visual perception. We recognize things
visually, because their form remains the same, as we approach it (zoom
in and out).

Thus, it makes sense to argue that much of the meaning of words is
founded in forms, as part of visual perception, even though many
linguists have traditionally regarded most languages to be more
audio-based. Indeed, for centuries teachers have used the institute of
school to remove many visual parts of language (such as gestures and
body-language), as if only the audio was important, then further
stripping language even of intonation and other life, to end up with
written words, as if words in isolation constituted the perfection of
language. As a result, children all over the world have spent much
time translating written words from one language into the other, while
in the process losing their very ability to speak. Indeed, school may
seem a great way to preach religion, but it's not necessarily the best
way to prepare children for life.

Interestingly, there's also something like form in the audio part of
perception and, as I said, it comes down again to relationships.
Volume is something that is perceived relatively, i.e. a single sound
becomes loud after silence, while a similar sound could be perceived
as soft when accompanied by louder sounds. Pitch is more relative than
absolute, i.e. relationship forms the sound, rather than the
instrument.

In conclusion, science all to often takes something in isolation, when
studying a phenomenon. Their research then looks at the instrument
only, to conclude that the instrument formed the sound, while in
reality, sound is each time formed in a different context making the
instrument sound differently every time, and is primarily formed by
the player of the instrument, rather than by the instrument on its
own, which conclusion makes a mockery of many research findings that
did strip people out of the picture in an effort to focus on objects
only.

I encourage scientists to include more context in their work. Not only
would this make more people gain interest in their findings and
conclusions, it would also enrich their research method itself, which
is all too often analytic only.

Where a research team finds it difficult to look at wider impacts and
importance of things, it could try and include members who are more
inclined to use such perspectives (I'm making a pitch for
epistemologists here).

Anyway, here's an example of a group of scientists who do make an
effort to step out of the box and reach people who typically don't
read scientific papers. It's a rap video by Australian scientists,
called:
I'm A Climate Scientist, at:
http://sustainable.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474979327535
Please do have a look!