"My epistemological question is this - what do we know about knowing they
don't?  What is our procedural epistemology - if we don't have one, are we
just smug not-quite so lackwits?"

4) Hone your memory and deceive yourself. If you remember everything without
discrimination, then you will become overwhelmed quickly. Learn to
prioritize your memory data structures, pulling first the essence, then the
extract, then the summary, then the notes, then the details, then the whole
frigging compendium if necessary to glean the utmost meaning for a
referenced topic. If you are intellectually superior, then you will find
that you have many "unwanted thoughts", "doubts", "misgivings", and "strange
notions." Learn how to hide these from yourself using a context oriented
keying system. To give a simple example, you don't "allow yourself to think"
the same thoughts in church or a court of law that you would think while in
bed with a prostitute or someone else's spouse EH? RIIGGGHHHHTTTTT! Focus
upon those mental tricks until you attain satisfaction.

Before proceeding to step 5, repeat steps 1-4 until no further progress is
forthcoming.

Congratulations! Your are now self-decieved, possibly an incorrigible
pathological liar, a scheming, deceptive person, maybe even a *MISANTHROPE*.
If you qualify, then you may permit yourself to visualize the broad yellow
stripe which stains your back, you *COWARD*! LOLOL LOLOL LOLOL

"A coward dies a thousand deaths, a hero dies but one." Right, and who gets
to laugh and pi$$ on the other's grave EH? EH? EH? EHHHHH?

Lonnie Courtney Clay
p.s. Bonhomie aside, I have nothing of any particular value to lose, since I
am "mostly harmless" and negligible, hence my frankness.