Only 5 senses for nominalists... the "standard" number...
The mind... for the nominalist... is where the "CONCEPTUS" (Idea or
concept) is formed usually (or in the first instance) from an
examination by the "senses" of something outside of the mind... the
"something " outside of the mind is called the "RES" ( or thing)
Reference FIRST INTENTION...this happens through direct experience or
empirical contact with the RES but the mind can also deal in
"conceptus" (idea or concept) all on its own... without having the RES
(thing or reference) before it SECOND INTENTION this happens through
memory or abstraction....
anyway, the operations of the mind, which can either be mistaken in
its First or Second Intentions or which can (mind) itself Choose" to
fantasize or lie... gives rise to varuious possibilities in
"ontology".... is some Speoh=ken of or communicated "Res" or
Conceptus... whether orFIRST OR SECOND INTENTION.... REAL OR NOT?...
WHICH IS TO SAY, IT IF FACTUAL OR IS IT FICTI0NAL....
BUT IT GETS A BIT MORE COMPLICATED WHEN YOU START TO ASK... WELL. HOW
OR IN WHAT WAYIS IT fACTUAL OR FICTIONAL

Let's say that a person sets out to lie about something that he or she
wants to communjcate.... what are the range of possiblitities of the
realm of  lies?

also, what are the possible ways in which the communication can be
received by the person addressed?

there are "language" level ontological questions to answer... is the
person sending the message telling the truth (as the person
understands it) and what about the person receiving it... does that
person receive the message as the truth?

fact vs fancy(in mind)..... manifest vs. conceal (as
communicated).....

if I have the fact... stone in mind... do I communicate it manifestly
as stone or do I communicate it in a concealed manner as
marshmallow... biting into a stone is different from biting into a
marshmallow...
what about the person receicving the message... does the "addressee"
see the manifest stone as a stone o does the "addresssee" the manifest
stone and think it is a marshmallow...

same goes for a fancy... unicorn... do I communicate the message
manifestly as a unicorn.. or do I communicate it in a concealed manner
as a horse... the addressee person receiving the manifest message
unicorn... does he or she recognize that the unicorn is a fancy or
does the addressee think the manifest unicorn is a fact..... what if
the addressee thinks that the manifest unicorn is really a horse that
is being concealed by the message sender.....and on and on.... ru
through all the various  permutated combinations of fact vs fancy
combined with manifest vs. concealed from the standpoints of both the
sender and the address... keep in mind that one or the other or both
could be ignorant as to what they are talking about (which complicates
things greatly)... and consider that maybe there are some paradoxes
involved if people happen to mix up certain specific fact vs fancy or
manifest vs. conceal "expectations"....

I tried to figure the "finite" but still fairly extensive range of
possibilities.... it's daunting....

anyway.... how about some of the things that your Buddhism article
posits or hypothesizes....how old are they?....given your modern-day
knowledge... do you think that they are fact or fancy... manifest or
concealed?