ops! I posted the resonse to this thread above, check it out. Also, have a
bit of redemption, courtesy of Wagner...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoSLD1sCyfc

Richard Wagner - Tannhauser - Pilgrim's Chorus
In the opera, Tannhauser is about to submit once again to the temptations of
Venus despite needing to conform to Christianity in order to satisy his
lover Elizabeth, who has died while he was on pilgrimage to Rome. On the
verge, a band of Pilgrim's arrives carrying the staff of the Pope, which
miraculously bloomed because of the curse upon poor Tannhauser that he could
not be redeemed any more than the staff could blossom. God played a joke on
the Pope at the request of Elizabeth, who died of longing for her precious
true love's return. Or so the story goes as I recall. Anyhow Tannhauser
drops dead when he sees the staff and the Christians are happy at having
another bloody miracle...

Lonnie Courtney Clay