On Jun 28, 8:55 am, Georges Metanomski <zg...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Ch:> Whatever might be meant by the First
> > Enlightenment, it is highly
> > doubtful that Kant was any kind of foundation for it.
> > Most Intellectual Historians would put its roots back in
> > the 17thC.
> > Jonathan Israel for one, establishes Spinoza and the
> > foundational
> > thinker that set the E going. And he died 50 years before
> > Kant was
> > even born.
>
> ==================
> G:
> 1.When you meet Mr Jonathan Israel, tell him that he is a silly ass.
> Spinoza was a dogmatic speculator diametrically opposed of the axiomatic
> falsifiable spirit of the First Scientific Revolution.

So what? What make your colonisation of the term Enlightenment any
better than his.

http://books.google.com/books/about/Radical_Enlightenment.html?id=8nb0tpZvXBMC

Maybe you should read something in your life?
Your ignorance is marched by your ignorance of Israel.

> 2.The bedrock of the FE is the First Scientific Revolution of Galileo,
> Descartes and Newton. Voltaire, Rousseau, Diderot etc. were a thin pick
> of the iceberg often talking through their hats.

Ignorance upon ignorance. You can say this about ANY point in the
evolution of scientific development, including our own.

> 3.Founding does not mean preceding. As Kant conceived ontological
> foundation of the First Scientific Revolution, it must have been there
> before him. Just as Einstein created the Second Scientific Revolution
> prior to founding it ontologically in his "Physics and Reality", which
> is for us what Kritik was for the First Enlightenment.

Do you think a cigar is a cigar, or are you overcome with prurient
passion when someone offers you a smoke?

Your terms are arbitrary and are naive historicism. May I suggest you
try a little Popper? "The Poverty of Historicism" would be a good
place to start.
You might also try The Open Society and it Enemies.

> And its clear like a mountain source that, as I write,

That's what the Christians say about their fantasy too.