http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Short_%28finance%29
I basically get the notion of "selling short"......but, there too, there is
a paper trail (identity of scam and scammers). Ultimately, it gets to a
question of an outside "third party" being asked to pay the
difference.....that's the scam....(you know that as well as [better] than
I).....If "some" folks care to gamble... they should do it with their own
money.... or shares....and pay their own difference... or be "punished" if
they renege....I mean, that's the "ideal" form of the deal, isn't it?....
Banks or money reservoirs should be regulated to that effect....Where's the