----[Please read http://ercoupers.com/disclaimer.htm before following any
advice in this forum.]----


Quoting Tim and Martha Briggs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
I've never gone on a long cross country below 3,500 and was
> wondering what kind of endurance you see cruising down low around 1,000
agl
> (1500msl average).  Does the short climb make up for a higher fuel burn
down
> low??  Any advice would be appreciated.

Assuredly not! Where you might gain is if the winds aloft are against
you...they will of course be worse up high. However, with an O-200
I tend to burn 5-5.5GPH, so I flight-plan for 6, figuring that's a
good way to extend my life expectancy and the intervals between severe
embarassment :-)

Get ahold of a Cessna 150 POH (the later the better, they developed
a tendency to tell the truth later). The performance and range numbers
are pretty good there, as are the numbers for the power settings.

Greg


----------------------------------------------------------------
This message was sent using IMP, the Internet Messaging Program.

==========================================================================
====
To leave this forum go to: http://ercoupers.com/lists.htm
Search the archives on http://escribe.com/aviation/coupers/


<<attachment: winmail.dat>>

Reply via email to