----[Please read http://ercoupers.com/disclaimer.htm before following any 
advice in this forum.]----


At 03:42 PM 6/12/2006, you wrote:
why would they want to be in LSA aircraft when, as rec pilots, they could fly heavier airplanes?

I think you're ignoring the differences between the planes. If the LSA category cannot stand on its own 2 feet without the captive audience, then maybe it wasn't a good investment in the first place. New technology, relaxed certification requirements, relaxed maintenance requirements, and, in many cases, lower costs are all pluses that a heavier, certificated aircraft cannot address.

My hangar tenant has a Flightstar that we are in the process of getting licensed under LSA. He will likely never get a more advanced pilot's certificate beyond LSA. He will never be legally able to fly my Cessna 140 by himself. He, and others like him, however, are the future of LSA, if LSA has a future. I, on the other hand, would like the opportunity to continue flying the 140 even after I get to the point where it is likely I would not be able to pass a class 3 medical. If the time comes that I cannot, I will likely look for a Cub or Luscombe 8A or T-craft or the like. No harm, no foul.


John Cooper, A&P
Skyport Services
PO Box 249
4996 Delaware Tnpk
Rensselaerville, NY 12147
518 797-3064
Fax 518 797-3865
www.skyportservices.net
==============================================================================
To leave this forum go to: http://ercoupers.com/lists.htm

Reply via email to