On 2011-02-08, at 7:30, Vlad Dumitrescu <vladd...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 11:47, Jakob Cederlund <jako...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Do we need both ErlProjectInfo and ErlProjectLayout? In any case, I propose
> that they are internal to the core plugin, and that all external exposure of
> the project is made through IErlProject.
>
> ErlProjectInfo contains more information than the layout: the used runtime,
> referenced projects and libraries, compilator settings, etc.
>
> ErlProjectLayout describes the layout of this project.
> References to external projects/libraries can also use ErlProjectLayout.
>
> The model should have API to change the layout: for example to recognize the
> 'test' directories as containing source code that should be compiled. But
> this API should not be used to traverse the directories and search for erl
> files -- the model will provide an API for that instead.
>
> regards,
> Vlad

Just to throw a wrench in the works: Zotonic uses several wildcard source
paths.  See
http://code.google.com/p/zotonic/source/browse/Emakefile?r=release-0.6.x for
more detail.

It seems sensible to me to use Emakefile as the storage format for source paths
and compiler settings.  The more Eclipse-specific the settings, the higher the
friction in getting people using it.