Randall Clague wrote:

<re: Bowery/Gregory engine>

> At least it doesn't have a Jesus nut.  :-)

Well, not technically -- but with the engine assembled by thermal shrink
fitting, I get a little shudder when I think about thermal gradients in
the engine -- if you were running it with a cryogenic (either LOX or
LNG, say), there might be a period during either startup or shutdown
when the outer section is hotter than the core, which might tend to undo
the thermal shrink fit -- and if that comes unstuck, you're going to see
Jesus just as surely as if the top nut on the rotor comes off.

--
Love wealth above life itself, and starve in splendor.

                                                      -- Elvish proverb

Donald Qualls, aka The Silent Observer           NAR # 70141-SR Insured
Rocket Pages                http://silent1.home.netcom.com/launches.htm
Telescope Pages            http://silent1.home.netcom.com/astronomy.htm
Lathe Pages           http://silent1.home.netcom.com/HomebuiltLathe.htm

and don't expect them to be perfect.