Michael Wallis wrote:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]">
My concern is still the failure mode of some tired space miner
shooting his pile of refined metal into the Earth instead of beside
it. It's much too easy to flip a sign or transpose a digit (or use the
wrong system of measurement) and throw several tons of metal at
innocent people.
Provided you break it up into small pieces it should be no problem. I don't
think we could, or should, try to move the whole 100m asteroid as a lump...
the failure modes would be a huge issue.

But it's perfectly possible to turn it into lumps the size of your finger and stuff it in a plastic bag.
I really doubt that would survive reentry- the surface area is too high- it would burn up.
You might get a sonic boom on the ground, but that's all. Even then, you'd want to
control the total mass of each package of course.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]">

[EMAIL PROTECTED]">
Michael