At 06:06 PM 9/4/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>Ben,
>
>Juan's pack is very expensive and I for one am very skeptical
>that it works as advertised.  That being said, Juan is a known
>expert on peroxide rocketry.  Although I don't want to get into
>catalyst design on this list, its well known that silver catalysts
>perform well to 90%.
>
>Dan

I would also express my skepticism about it working for very long with 98%
concentration.  I actually tried to buy a pack from him (twice!) when we
had a stock of 98% peroxide, but somehow my emails never made it to him.  I
did buy our very first engine (with the previous generation cat pack) from
Juan, so his stuff does work, but I suspect that his tests with 98%
peroxide either weren't long enough to reach thermal equilibrium, or his
(self concentrated) peroxide wasn't as concentrated as he thought.

John Carmack