On 21 Nov 2002, Sean R. Lynch wrote:
> If they succeed in making cheap cells out of this material and they can
> make better, cheaper batteries (inverters are already pretty darned
> good), I could see this leading to a day when a power distribution
> infrastructure is no longer necessary for residences in sunnier areas. I

A better idea would be to have the residences selling their excess energy
to the power company. The power company in turn sells it to a Hydrogen
plant. People buy Hydrogen for their Fuel Cell cars.

Then we have a completely clean energy solution for transportation. It
would also make Hydrogen a little cheaper for the consumer (because the h2
plant is [indirectly] buying their energy).

--
Ben Zarzycki       KF6NUX