I have a sample, but I haven't had time to play with it yet.
It is a rate gyro (measures angular rate rather than
directly measuring attitude).  To get attitude, you have to
integrate rate.  Rate noise density (max spec) is quoted
as 0.05 degrees/sec/sqrt(Hz).  In other words, in a 100 Hz
bandwidth (reasonable for flight control on small objects)
you'll see 0.5 degrees/sec of random rate error.  You can
reduce that by filtering the bandwidth down to, say, 1Hz,
but you can't use a slow signal for flight control.

There are also temperature and acceleration effects.  The
summary specs say "null drift over temperature" is up to
24 degrees/sec (max) and linear acceleration effects are
0.2 deg/sec/g max.  The discussion in the application note
gives much better numbers.  Under "temperature calibration"
it says "overall accuracy of 70 degrees an hour or better
is possible" using an elaborate temperature calibration
algorithm.  The chip provides a temperature output to assist
calibration.   Under "acceleration sensitivity" it says
the first-order null shift has zero mean and 0.02 deg/sec
standard deviation, over a large number of samples.
Presumably the acceleration constants can be calibrated
per unit, in a centrifuge.

More expensive inertial nav systems use parts which are
individually calibrated for first- and second- order
acceleration effects in all three axes, and run in a
constant-temperature environment.  This calibration goes
a long way toward explaining why they are more expensive.
It's probably possible to build a lower cost IMU using
parts like this,  but they still need to be calibrated
to get decent performance.

(I wonder if there's a market for that?  Hmmm...)

Cheers!
--Stu