On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 08:58:34 -0700, Pierce Nichols
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>         Remove the time limit and add a minimum altitude, in order to
>broaden the range of possible approaches to the problem.

Why?  The goal is to enable space transportation.  If you eliminate
the only requirement that makes space transportation competitive - raw
speed - someone will build an airplane to do the job.  That's nice,
but we want to get to orbit with technology developed to win these
prizes.

-R

-- "We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters
will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare.  Now, thanks to
the Internet, we know this is not true." -- Robert Wilensky, UC Berkeley