>> Aluminum hydride ( AlH3 ) combustion with 98% peroxide has a theoretical

>> Isp of over 400, and a density-Isp of over 600.  Great SSTO propellant.

Just ran some simulations... the 400 are in vacuum... right? On sealevel
I didn't get much over 285. Anyway, the monoprop mode would scare
me to death :-) pretty sure that the "stability" of the 98% HTP is
gone when mixed with that.
But a normal LOX/Kero or alcohol biprop configuration with about
a third AlH3 in the fuel gives you a similar performance. And this
is indeed interesting. You can use gelled kero (ask the candle makers
:-) ) or gelled alcohol filled with AlH3 and you have a (maybe) storable
fuel.
But this has been done before with Al and has its own problems (forming
layers in the chamber, settling of the Al, high heat loads on the
injector, lower combustion efficiencies, difficulties in regen mode
etc)

Bruno

--
Bruno Berger