Alexander Mikhailov wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for peroxide compatibility information.
> I'd like to have as much of it as possible, but I also
> have some specific questions. How compatible is the
> copper with the peroxide? What difference for
> compatibility the stabilized peroxide makes versus
> unstabilized? Is the tin compatible with peroxide?
> I've heard that stannates are used to stabilize the
> peroxide...

General summary of the situation as I understand it:

Copper is considered incompatible, although it doesn't
seem to be extremely catalytic at ambient temperatures
and lower. Pure aluminum is considered the best; 6061
aluminum alloy isn't bad; stainless is OK; ordinary steel
tends to catalyze it easily (especially if rusty).

With nonmetals, polyethylene tubing and containers should
be OK (especially at ambient temp. and colder): Viton (and
probably also EPDM) O-rings should be good. Nylon deteriorates
rather rapidly; vinyl and urethane may have problems;
fluoroplastics (PTFE, FEP, PFA, etc.) should be good.

-dave w