Sean R. Lynch said:

> Neodys
> <http://newton.dm.unipi.it/cgi-bin/neodys/neoibo?objects:2004MN4;main>
> shows 55 observations over the same span, though the impactor table says
> 35. It also shows a higher probability of impact (0.593% instead of
> 0.34%).

   Some observatories return better astrometry than others. The MPC
reports all valid observations submitted, but Andrea Botinni probably
threw a few more uncertian observations to reduce the overall error
bars. Arc is more important than the number of observations. With 6
months of arc, this solution looks a lot better than the typical two
weeks or less I have seen in the past.

   In the past when Botinni has requested followup on 'interesting'
objects, the impact solutions have rarely survived the night, and
almost never more than 3 nights in my experience. We'll see....

> Anything with a positive Palermo scale value is "interesting." I could
> care less about the Torino scale  :)

   At close to 2 GT of TNT, it would be a pretty good show. My bet is this
object will make another flyby ala 2002 NY40. Either way it will be
fun.

   So has anybody run an orbit on this? Which continent/ocean lies in the
impact trajectory?

Andrew