Peter Michaux wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 8:21 AM, Ingvar von Schoultz
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> The keyword "let" breaks the very valuable JavaScript tradition
>> of using intuitively meaningful keywords.
>
> I have read a lot of math proofs that start with "let x be the..."

That's exactly the problem. The word makes perfect sense, it
has an easily understandable meaning. And this meaning has
nothing at all to do with the localness that the word is used
for.

The word suggests quite strongly that it's talking about the
assignment. This is completely wrong, since it actually specifies
the visibility scope of the name.

--
Ingvar von Schoultz