On Sun, Aug 24, 2008 at 10:01 PM, Brendan Eich <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Aug 24, 2008, at 6:51 PM, Mark S. Miller wrote:
>
>> On Sun, Aug 24, 2008 at 5:40 PM, Brendan Eich <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>> wrote:
>>> Why is eq being proposed whatever happens with Decimal?
>>
>> Because in the absence of decimal, === is close enough to an
>> "identical" test that one can practically code around the problem
>> cases (NaN and -0)
>
> You're assuming 1.0m === 1.00m must be true. I'm disputing that (see
> exchange with Sam, who may agree).

I agree that you are disputing that.  ;-P

Less than 10 hours ago, ISTR you were suggesting the opposite.
"there's a weak case for false"...

On Thursday, ISTR Mark arguing that "correspond to the same point on
the real number line" was close enough to an "identical" test.

I think I need to sit down now, I'm getting dizzy.  :-)

- Sam Ruby