On Mar 12, 2009, at 21:54 , P T Withington wrote:

I think we are a long way from needing serialize/deserialize arbitrary Objects. Having JSON should suffice.

I agree.

Since my users are programming in a language above Javascript, I'm starting to change the representation to be more like the high-level language they write in, rather than display the Javascript "assembly language".)

This seems similar to the needs of the objective-j folks (as expressed in the "name property for built-in functions??" thread).

But, I would very much like to see a standard way to discover an Object's constructor, and a way to enumerate _all_ the properties of an object.

Again, I'm very interested in the former. And doing away with the Object.prototype.toString.call(obj) trick for built-in types would be a good thing.

Could we possibly imagine having a non-[[Writable]] and non- [[Configurable]] 'name' property of built-in constructors whose value would be [[Class]] ?

Tobie