On Jun 23, 2009, at 9:28 AM, Ash Berlin wrote:

I'd rather it was possible to do operator overloading such that decial or what ever else could be implemented natively (in a self hosting JS) but I can also accept that this (operator overloading) is unlikely to happen.

Au contraire, as I noted in reply to Christian -- it's on the Harmony agenda:

http://wiki.ecmascript.org/doku.php?id=strawman:strawman

Mark M. took the action to write the spec, he already posted his operator proposal to this list, here:

https://mail.mozilla.org/pipermail/es-discuss/2009-January/008535.html

I'm signed up to help Mark (as time allows, definitely in July; new baby at home).