Reading over my comments, I realized I could summarize:

Configuration management is just as important to the integrity of the
code in modules as the code itself. Getting the wrong "version" of
some important library can break your code just as badly as having a
bug in your own code. With that, scaling to the open Web means:

1. We should anticipate that the world will look at our module
solution and try to build on top of it -- if we haven't already built
for them -- something like OSGi or Apache Maven in order to manage
their dependencies precisely; and

2. We should anticipate what the equivalent of OSGi or Apache Maven
would look like applied to a fine-grained, distributed system where
snippets of code are deployed with no central point of administration
on the target environments.

Ihab

--
Ihab A.B. Awad, Palo Alto, CA