It's just a document copyrighted by ecma that happens to mostly be code and is
largely derivate from the ES5 spec. which is also copyrighted by Ecma.
Paranoia about reading it is a matter between you and your lawyers.

Allen

From: Mark S. Miller [mailto:erig...@google.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 20, 2010 1:37 PM
To: Allen Wirfs-Brock
Cc: Joseph Politz; Arjun Guha; Ankur Taly; John Mitchell; Sergio Maffeis;
es-discuss@mozilla.org
Subject: Re: Specification Language

On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 9:11 AM, Allen Wirfs-Brock
<allen.wirfs-br...@microsoft.com<mailto:allen.wirfs-br...@microsoft.com>> wrote:
There is another approach to using JavaScript to specify JavaScript that we
have discussed within TC39.  The idea to use the exact same style of
specification as current used for ES5 but to use JavaScript as the "meta
language" rather than pseudo-code.

Because this work is relevant to this discussion but hasn't had visibility
outside of TC39 I've made it available on the ES wiki:
http://wiki.ecmascript.org/lib/exe/fetch.php?id=strawman%3Astrawman&cache=cache&media=strawman:es5definterp.js.txt
Hi Allen,

As you know, I have avoided looking at this until the IPR situation was
straightened out. Since it now seems to be, could you (or someone representing
Ecma) repost this with a BSD license?

Everyone concerned about keeping their brain free of unnecessary proprietary
contamination, I suggest not clicking on the link above until we get an ack
that the text at that link has been reposted with an open source license.

Allen