On 1/5/11, Allen Wirfs-Brock <al...@wirfs-brock.com> wrote:
[...]
> the function expression form has a well-defined meaning anywhere including
> in the compound statement blocks such as if-statements.  The meaning of the
> latter two declaration forms are not defined by the standard when they occur
> within compound statement blocks.  What they do, depends upon the browser.

[...]

ES5 note uses some terminology that I don't understand.

"disallow usage"? "issue a warning"? What do those mean? It'd make
sense to say "throw a SyntaxError". What does it mean to issue a
warning? When does it happen? After the misplaced FD early (as early
errors)? Or do warnings cause for abrupt completion?

I'd prefer "An implementation that handles FD as a Statement must
issue a warning" but I think "issue a warning" should be defined.
--
Garrett