Well, NOTES are non-normative and sometimes it is useful to be intentionally
vague in such situations.  There is no normative use  of "warning" in the ES5
specification so there is no point in formally defining it. I think the intent
of "issue a warning" should be clear enough to any language implementor.
Since, such warnings are not normative requirements, its up to the implementor
to decide how they interpret this informative recommendation.

allen