On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 12:37 PM, David Herman <dher...@mozilla.com> wrote:

> Or here's a sort of more operational way to think about it: Start with the
> outermost program. It declares a bunch of modules, some of which are loaded
> from external files. [.....]

And one more key difference from CommonJS that's worth pointing out --
Simple Modules are not singletons, so if two modules include the same
dependency, we get two instances of the dependency, right?

IIUC (confirm please?), this is also another significant difference between
the two worlds in terms of module initialization.  It makes the "correctness
graph" in Simple Modules easier to reason about by removing non-determinism
around first-time-use.

Wes

--
Wesley W. Garland