On Feb 25, 2011, at 1:12 PM, Boris Zbarsky wrote:

> On 2/25/11 4:08 PM, David Bruant wrote:
>> I would tend to be more in favor of disallowing Harmony features in
>> non-strict code (without explicit "use strict" directive) to avoid
>> surprises (I'm nuancing below).
>
> I was under the impression that Harmony features would only be allowed for
> scripts that opt in to them (via the type or language of the <script> tag or
> whatnot).  Does that alleviate this concern?
>
> -Boris

The other subtlety is that this only applies only to the actual language
features not to the behavior of objects. Any new property added to the existing
built-in objects will most likely be visible to non-harmony code  and function
and objects defined using harmony features (including Proxy) can be passed to
and accessed by non-harmony code.  This is comparable to what happens in ES5
where non-strict code may call a strict mode function.

Allen