On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 10:45 AM, Oliver Hunt <oli...@apple.com> wrote:
> I think so -- my proposal doesn't take instances, nor produce instances, it
> takes the constructor function (Image is one of a handful of DOM constructor
> that can actually be used to construct things) and returns a new constructor
> that will produce an instances of the target object with a modified prototype
> chain.

Andreas in IM that we hang it on the prototype chain, so that we get
it everywhere without repetitive specification.  How about:

Function.prototype.createDelegatingTo = function (obj)
{
  var o = new this; // really new-with-apply(arguments) here
   o.__proto__ = obj;
   return o;
}

Then Array.createDelegatingTo, Boolean.createDelegatingTo, Image, etc.
should all work.  (I like the longer, grosser name because I think
it's sort of a gross pattern, and not something that should use up a
concise name.)

Mike