On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 2:19 PM, Allen Wirfs-Brock
<al...@wirfs-brock.com> wrote:

> JavaScript up to this point seems to have done a pretty good job of balancing
> the OO and functional perspective within the language. However, I think
> removing the specialness of "this" and the implicit this parameter may be a
> step too far that breaks that balance.

I disagree with the idea that this is changing the balance.  Brendan
has responded at length about the proposals, but I wasn't talking at
all about removing the distinguished first argument.  For example:

function f(mythis | x, y) { ... }

is very much in the OO tradition of distinguishing the receiver --
it's just using lexical scope for disambiguation.
--
sam th
sa...@ccs.neu.edu