On 18/04/2011, at 13:10, Peter van der Zee wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 12:34 PM, Jorge <jo...@jorgechamorro.com> wrote:
> What am I missing ?
>
> As far as the directive goes, they are opt-in. Old code won't be opting in.
> Other than that they have the same issues as "use strict" might have.

But why would anyone want to opt-in to get warnings or even worse syntax errors
for code like this that depends on ASI, where ASI is helping out :

"die in hell ASI, i hate you with the fiery passion of a thousand burning
suns.";
// ^^^^^^^^^  the anti-ASI directive ^^^^^^^^^^

a= b
c= d
function e () { f() }

*** Warning missing semicolon @ line #4,5
*** Warning missing semicolon @ line #5,5
*** Warning missing semicolon @ line #6,19

Or even worse, halt the program with a:

Syntax error missing semicolon @ line #4,5

?

I understand that it would be quite interesting to get a warning/error in this
case:

a= b
(c= d)();

...only that there's no ASI in this case !
--
Jorge.