> I'd argue that my pattern also supports #5 as IDE's can recognize the
> pattern.  An imperative class definition of all that most Smalltalk
> implementations every had and they generally had fine IDEs.

>From what I remember from my Smalltalk days (literally – a 14 day project at
>school ;-), Smalltalk’s syntax is much more amenable to this kind of thing.
>Just the fact that if-then-else is a method of boolean objects is brilliant.

In JavaScript, it might be more natural to take the chain block -> function ->
object literal one step further and add class literals. I always liked how
lightweight things felt in JavaScript (compared to, say, Java or C++). And if
we keep object literals minimal, that won’t go away.

--
Dr. Axel Rauschmayer

a...@rauschma.de
twitter.com/rauschma