This reply's a little late -- just catching up on old threads...

On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 12:21 AM, Brendan Eich <bren...@mozilla.com> wrote:

> On Oct 4, 2011, at 7:36 PM, Dean Landolt wrote:
>
> I think generators are an excellent example of a feature that is well
>> prototyped (in FF JS 1.7+). I think the developer uptake is minimal, outside
>> of the original advocates.
>>

> Of course uptake is minimal -- it's only in one engine, and even then it
> doesn't yet match the spec.
>

> Please get the historical order right. The spec changed only recently, the
> implementation matched the previous spec (of five years' standing).

Apologies -- I didn't even realize there was an old spec :)

Anyway, the changes are minor in the scheme of things, or in the terms of
> this debate. Unless the issue is the function head not looking different?
> Fixed that in ES6 for ya! ;-) function* also makes the empty basis case work
> for yield*.

I'm aware, and I'm very happy about that. Perhaps the point I was trying to
make wasn't clear -- I was trying to demonstrate why this statement was
begging the question:

I've heard no clamor at all. Really this is a niche feature, an aid for the
> rare case where conventional iterators are a poor match.

Generators as single-frame-continuations require library support. Library
support requires generator implementations. Regardless of mozilla's
intentions, the lack of a broader implementation base makes this demand for
"clamor" really unlikely.