> (Dave Herman has another way to say this: [ ]  and . can be viewed as
> operating on two separate property name spaces, but for legacy/normal ES
> objects those namespaces are collapsed into a single shared namespace.)

Lest the above be construed as a tacit approval on my part... ;)

> IMHO the single "property name space" of es-current is a feature, not a bug.

I tend to agree. There are expressibility problems, too. For example, if you
have an object that uses . for its API and [] for some other data, then what do
you do when you want to dynamically compute an API name? I would hope not

    eval("obj." + computeName())

But I don't see any obvious ways out of this that aren't pretty convoluted.

Dave