On Nov 1, 2011, at 6:57 PM, Quildreen Motta wrote:

> I like how clean the syntax is there, Brendan. I still feel class syntax
> would have more value if they presented a nice way for object composition
> besides inheritance.

Traits were factored out and I consider adding them in this exercise to be a
"bridge too far".

> None the less, I think we could well get rid of those `var' inside the
> class-body, as long as it's not executable:

I don't think so, although Bob Nystrom's suggestions ended up simplified that
way. It's awkward to use assignment expression as a declarative form. It
suggests the body *is* executable. Instead, I went with 'var' as Bob did
originally.

My view is that 'var' will die hard and for global-object-aliasing global
variables, it's close to class prototype properties. There's no way to observe
the prototype half-initialized. As noted, there's a risk people will think
methods close over proto-vars/consts.