What is "super-intuitive" about running 'class C' up against an arbitrary
expression, which is then evaluated and *copied* (details fuzzy here) as the
class prototype?

Arguments about feelings and intuition are not that helpful. Saying why you
need to construct a class that way, where no such object copying primitive
exists in JS, would be more helpful. IOW, what's the use-case?

/be