On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 10:31 AM, Jake Verbaten <rayn...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I think there was a naming discussion in another thread.
>
> Popular alternatives seemed to be "beget" and "proto"/"protos". I still
> seem to like "beget"

The reason I suggest it is *entirely* based on its relation to the
potential class operator. I see class operator combined with extends
operator having a very natural feel (effectively makes Jeremy Ashkenas'
class proposal happen), while still being able to be used orthogonally. The
problem with beget or proto is that its still in the wrong place.

    const Point2d = class Point beget {

    //or anonymously

    return class Point beget {...} //reads like you're creating a class
Point here

If class is off the table, then I would probably retract my proposal for
extends. If class is on the table, but with leather and its own built-in
extends keyword, I would probably still advocate for my form instead of <|
because at least it would be consistent.

- Russ