On Nov 15, 2011, at 10:27 PM, Russell Leggett wrote:

> but given the overall disapproval of the exact syntax of the <| operator, I
> think its at least a little more obvious what is going on.

Sorry to be coming late to this thread.

I think the above statement is a false characterization to use to start this
discussion.  There are some who disapprove of <| or other similar special
character formulation of this operator. There are other who like it a lot.
Certainly there isn't "overall" disapproval.  However, we can't really even
tell whether there is majority (of what population??) approval or disapproval.
At best, all you can legitimately say is that there is not universal approval
of the <| token.

Allen