On Jan 12, 2012, at 2:23 PM, François REMY wrote:

> Am I wrong if I say there not a bigger issue with block lambda than with the
> current object notation on the matter?

I think you're correct.  An ExpressionStatment can not begin with a {
so,without changing that rule,  there should be no potential for ambiguity
between Block and BlockLambda.  The only issue is distinguishing ObjectLiteral
and BlockLambda  and from that perspective a {(  is as good as a {| as neither
is ambiguous with existing ObjectLiteral syntax,

At that point, it becomes a matter of taste.  Which of  {|x| x.foo()} or {(x)
x.foo()} looks better to you?  I find the | | more pleasant and easer for my
eyes to pick out, but I'm undoubtably influenced by many years of reading and
writing Smalltalk code.

Allen