Herby Vojčík wrote:
I definitely think INIT should not have any "special" behaviour for 1st
and for subsequent iterations. The semantics of the loop is then much
more straightforward and less magical. So in case of these desugaring, I
am for 0th iteration. To be able to read loop as { INIT; for
(;TEST;NEXT) BODY }.

Of course, with let vars bound to closure per-body... but what I mean conceptually draw a line between initialization and loop body, and making each loop body obey the same rules. Even if it means head-closure will have no effect. But it will not have it regularly, in first as well in next iterations.

Herby