Const is spec'ed in the ES6 draft for all "modes"  (there is really only strict
and non-strict, no longer a "Harmony" mode).

It is block scoped.

If anybody wants to update their current implementation ahead of ES6 that's
that they should for the ES6 draft spec..

Note that current interoperable uses of const (in browsers that support it) is
probably limited to global code or the top level of functions (ie, not within
blocks) so correctly supporting block level const probably won't break anything.

Allen