-----Original Message-----
From: es-discuss-boun...@mozilla.org [mailto:es-discuss-boun...@mozilla.org] On
Behalf Of Claus Reinke
Sent: Friday, November 9, 2012 09:07

> Another idea: log such transformed errors, or automate matching of handled
> failed promises against generated failed promises.

What we really need, as mentioned by Kris Kowal on Twitter recently, is the
ability to *un*-console.log something. That is, we want to log unhandled
rejections for the duration of them being unhandled, but if someone does come
along and handle it, we need to get it out of the console.

Currently we kind of do this by exploiting a trick in some browsers'
array-logging capabilities. If you log an empty array, but later modify its
contents, it live-updates in Chrome (although this behavior might be going away
from what I can tell) and I believe other browsers. This is a bit hacky and
unpredictably supported.

All this has led us to contemplate building browser extensions with appropriate
hooks for such logging. That's still an as-our-scarce-time-permits project,
however.