Jussi Kalliokoski wrote:
Hello everyone,

Reposting, I think my previous attempt got stuck in a filter or something, because I somehow managed to have the code there in several copies.

You have three messages total on this topic at

https://mail.mozilla.org/pipermail/es-discuss/2012-December/

I was thinking about sorting algorithms yesterday and I realized that ES implementations may have different sorting algorithms in use, and decided to try it out. Now, if you sort strings or numbers, it doesn't matter, but you may be sorting objects by a key and this is where things get nasty (think non-deterministic vs deterministic).

Have you read the language dating from ES3 on Array sort in the spec? In particular Array#sort is not guaranteed to be stable. Perhaps it should be.