I really don't understand why the debugger thing is being trotted out
again. It was addressed at the beginning of the thread: There are lots
of real world applications that use debugger-style introspection (in
particular, stack walking) for purposes that are not debugging.

Now, to be fair, that may not justify exposing any of those features
if the security threat posed by having introspection is so incredibly
dire. But 'just use a debugger API' isn't really a solution for any of
these applications. Debugger APIs are heavyweight and usually have
tremendous performance consequences, preventing their use for solving
Application Problems. In reality, the answer will have to be 'you
can't do that in JavaScript', which probably isn't the end of the
world since that's the current answer to anything that needs weak