On Mar 27, 2013, at 6:51 AM, Andreas Rossberg <rossb...@google.com> wrote:

> There actually are (third-party) projects
> with ports of V8 and/or Chromium to big endian architectures.

It would be helpful to have more information about what these platforms and
projects are.

> WebGL
> code should not break or become prohibitively expensive on them all of
> a sudden.

But WebGL code doesn't break either way. It's if we *don't* mandate
little-endian that code breaks. As for the expense, it has to be weighed
against content breaking. Not to mention the burden it places on developers to
write portable code without even having big-endian user agents to test on. (I
suppose they could use DI and shim the typed array constructors with simulated
big-endian versions. Ugh...)

Dave