Andrea Giammarchi wrote:
>  Adding Object.setPrototypeOf does not help, because code won't migrate to it
>  completely so we'll be stuck with two APIs.
As shown in the first post we'll be stuck with 4 APIs plus the 5th one
standardized.

What 4 APIs are you talking about?

The __proto__ that is not supported, the one that is wrongly inherited in
Object.create(null), the non configurable, and the configurable without get/set

The old ones go away. We can't fix browsers in the field, you know that. Your argument is unfairly lumping changes we *can* make with ones we can't and counting them all against the ones we can make.

>  SES and similar subsets would be
>  unable to protect secure code from ambient Object.setPrototypeOf usage
>  from the insecure side on the secure side's objects, unless
>  Object.setPrototypeOf were removed -- but that would break insecure-side
>  code that reasonably (per your wishes) uses Object.setPrototypeOf in
>  lieu of __proto__.
same way SES can protect from __proto__ it can protect from
Object.setPrototypeOf redefining in a way that who's white listed can obtain
same result.

No, same-frame mashups of SES and non-SES-that-uses-Object.setPrototypeOf cannot "whitelist" unless every SES object (or alternatively non-SES object) is put in a whitelist weak-set.