Hi Norbert,

Sorry for not having better explained my suggestion.
`var date = Date.withTimeZone("America/Los_Angeles", 2013, 3, 9, 15, 11,
0);` would create a Date object with a local time for
"America/Los_Angeles", regardless of my computer's timezone. The difference
is that calls to date.getHours would not be local to the system timezone,
but to the timezone passed in the constructor. Hence getHours would return
15 since the "local time" is not my computer's time, but
America/Los_Angeles.

If you feel that this is a stretch of the current contract AND adding
arguments to existing methods is discouraged, would you rather suggest to
add new methods which are timezone aware?
Such as:
`getTzHours("America/Los_Angeles")`

Then for `var d = new Date(1365627600000)` ran on a computer with the local
timezone of Europe/Zurich the following would be true:
d.getHours() == 23; // The local time in CEST
d.getUTCHours() == 21; // The UTC time
d.getTzHours("America/Los_Angeles") == 14 // The time in PDT

Thanks!

Sorin Mocanu, Software Engineer
Google Switzerland GmbH | Brandschenkestrasse 110 | Zurich, Switzerland |
8002 Zurich | Identifikationsnummer: CH-020.4.028.116-1